Phoenix District Communications
Keep up with the latest district Scouting information by subscribing to the district newsletter and following the district on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PhoenixDistrictSHAC. The new and improve Phoenix District newsletter is sent about once a month and contains information about upcoming district and council events and activities.
May 2022 Newsletter Subscribe to District Newsletter
Phoenix District Roundtable
June 2, 2022 | 7:00 - 8:30 pm
Roundtable is a district monthly meeting typically held the second Thursday of the month (starting January 2022) at 7:00 pm to help unit leaders plan and carry out their own program. Roundtable will be held inside Cypress Creek Christian Church (6823 Cypresswood Dr, Spring, TX 77379). Face coverings are recommended.
Roundtable is a form of supplemental training for volunteers. The objective of roundtable is to give leaders program ideas, information on upcoming events and trainings, and an opportunity to share experiences and enjoy fun and fellowship with other Scouting leaders. As a result of the roundtable experience, unit leaders will be inspired, motivated, informed, and able to provide a stronger program for their Scouts. Roundtable breakouts are a great place for leaders and parents to come together to share so everyone can learn more about Scouting.
- Cub Scout breakout focuses on the needs of leaders and volunteers in packs. Leaders are not on their own and don't have to reinvent the wheel. Learn about the resources available to help put together a top-notch program.
- Scouts BSA breakout focuses on leaders and volunteers in troops, crew, ships to share quality resources, knowledge, and skills that enable and motivate leaders to deliver an outstanding program. Parents and leaders of Webelos Scouts crossing over into troops are also invited.
- Order of the Arrow breakout is for members of the Order of the Arrow.
- Special interest focuses on a special topic each month.
June 20-24, 2022 | 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
It’s time to saddle up the horses, put on boots and a cowboy hat, and round up all Cub Scouts to explore as day camp goes Texas Wild! Day camp is a council camp organized by districts and conducted by volunteers from the local area for Cub Scouts entering 1st through 5th grade the next school year. Day camp is a week of fun with awesome programs and activities such as BB guns, archery, sports, STEM, games and crafts, rank advancements, Scout skills and more.
Many volunteers are needed to make camp a success, so please consider volunteering. The registration fee is $76.50 for the first Scout and $75 for each additional Scout. The fee for adult volunteers is $15. The registration fees include a t-shirt, patch, program supplies, and a water bottle. All youth entering 1st grade through age 18 must be registered with the Boy Scouts of America. A registered parent/guardian must be onsite at all times when tot-lots (ages 3-5 future Scouts) and Tigers (Scouts going into 1st grade) are at camp. The event is being held at Burroughs Park (9738 Huffsmith Rd., Tomball TX 77375).
Learn More & Register
- Late registration is an extra $15 and begins 5/13/22; patches, t-shirts and craft supplies are not guaranteed.
- Registration closes on 6/3/22 for youth and adults.