Phoenix District Communications
Keep up with the latest district Scouting information by subscribing to the district newsletter and following the district on Facebook at facebook.com/PhoenixDistrictSHAC. The Phoenix District newsletter is sent about once a month and contains information about upcoming district and council events and activities.
December 2022 Newsletter Subscribe to District Newsletter
District Award Nominations
Due January 14, 2023
Nominate Scouters who have served Phoenix District youth above and beyond the call of duty. The deadline for submitting nominations is January 14, 2023.
- Community Leadership Award is presented annually to a community leader who has provided outstanding support to the Scouting program in our district.
- Chartered Partner Award is for chartering organizations that demonstrate outstanding or distinctive relationships beyond the normal expectation. The chartering organization should provide noteworthy service to youth, contributing to increased youth participation, cooperates with the district and/or council, involve the instructional head in the selection of quality unit leadership, and causes a greater comprehension in the use of Scouting within the community organization.
- District Award of Merit is a council award presented by districts. The award is available to Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level.
- Family of the Year Award is presented annually to a family who has, as a group, provided outstanding support to the Scouting program in our district.
- Jack of All Trades Award is for that unit Scouter whose unit always seems to turn to when there is a need within the unit.
- Rising Phoenix Award is for that Scouter whose unit always seems to turn to when there is a need within the district.
- Unit Service Award recognizes exceptional BSA leaders who work with youth at the unit level. Each unit is strongly encouraged to consider leaders in their unit for nomination.
Phoenix District Roundtable
February 9, 2023 | 7:00 - 8:30 pm | Cypress Creek Christian Church
Roundtable is a district monthly meeting typically held the second Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm to help unit leaders plan and carry out their own program. Roundtable is held at Cypress Creek Christian Church (6823 Cypresswood Dr, Spring, TX 77379).
Roundtable is a form of supplemental training for volunteers. The objective of roundtable is to give leaders program ideas, information on upcoming events and trainings, and an opportunity to share experiences and enjoy fun and fellowship with other Scouting leaders. As a result of the roundtable experience, unit leaders will be inspired, motivated, informed, and able to provide a stronger program for their Scouts. Roundtable breakouts are a great place for leaders and parents to come together to share so everyone can learn more about Scouting.
- Cub Scout breakout focuses on the needs of leaders and volunteers in packs. Leaders are not on their own and don't have to reinvent the wheel. Learn about the resources available to help put together a top-notch program.
- Scouts BSA breakout focuses on leaders and volunteers in troops, crew, ships to share quality resources, knowledge, and skills that enable and motivate leaders to deliver an outstanding program. Parents and leaders of Webelos Scouts crossing over into troops are also invited.
- Order of the Arrow breakout is for members of the Order of the Arrow.
- Special interest focuses on a special topic each month.
January 28, 2023 | 5:00 pm
District Dinner is an opportunity for a night of fellowship and great food as we acknowledge and thank our adult volunteers for the hard work and dedication that made this year incredibly successful. Phoenix District’s outstanding leaders at the unit and district levels will also be recognized. All volunteers in Phoenix District are invited. Don't forget to bring items to decorate your dinner table! The event is being held at St. Ignatius Loyola Catholic Church (7810 Cypresswood Dr., Spring, TX 77379). The registration fee is $20.00 payable online. After January 14, 2023, a late fee of $5.00 will apply and dinner is not guaranteed; there is no onsite registration.
Learn More & Register
New District Executive
Please join us in welcoming Eric Haats as the district executive for the Phoenix District. His role as district executive will be to provide leadership and support to the volunteers in our district with a focus on district operations, membership recruiting, unit service, family Friends of Scouting, and product sales. Eric can be reached at email@example.com.