Lone Star Flight Museum Overnights and Aviation Merit Badge
The Lone Star Flight Museum, located at the entrance to Ellington Airport, is home to over two dozen flightworthy aircraft including historic WWII era bombers and fighters, the Flight Academy explaining the science of flight, a bay of flight simulators and the Mooney Hangar for preflight inspections, and the history of aviation in the Heritage Gallery. Scouts can sign up for merit badge workshops for Aviation, Electronics, Weather, and American Heritage. The cost is $30 per Scout and $5 for adults. The Aviation Merit Badge is also available for troops during an overnight, and Cub Scout packs can do fun flying activities and spend the night under the wings of a warbird. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for Merit Badge Classes Sign up for Overnights
HMNS Scout Classes
The Houston Museum of Natural Science offers a variety of classes for Scouts.
- Tigers, Wolves, and Bears and Webelos Scouts can work towards Adventures scheduled in two-hour classes.
- Scouts BSA can work on several merit badges, including six Eagle Scout required badges. All classes use the resources at the museum’s disposal to help Scouts meet requirements.
- Classes are offered throughout the school year and may be taken in-person or virtually.
- In-person classes include admission to all permanent exhibits for the scout and one chaperone.
- Badges on Demand are for dens or troops who want to schedule a private class to work on a Cub Scout adventure or merit badge.
- STEM Nova Day is held every September going virtual! Bring the excitement of Scouts programming to your own home with guest speakers, interactive classes and even a virtual Burke Baker Planetarium show. This year, we are offering the Out of This World STEM Nova award for Cub Scouts and Mendel’s Minions for Scouts BSA.
Rosenberg Railroad Museum
The Rosenberg Railroad Museum maintains exhibits relating to local railroad history, has a mission of education and preservation of Fort Bend County's rich railroad history. The museum is offering merit badge classes (Signs, Signals and Codes, Railroading, and Citizenship in the World). The cost is $30 per Scout and includes parent admission to the museum. Presentations are scheduled from Wednesdays thru Saturdays from 10 am to 1 pm. To register, contact Donna Wheeler at email@example.com or 281-633-2846.