November 12, 2016
Cypress Creek Christian Church
(6823 Cypresswood Drive, Spring, TX)
Pushmobile is a relay race using simple, homemade, Cub Scout-powered cars. Cub Scout dens make their own pushmobile. Four to eight boys work together as a team to push their pushmobile through the course to the finish line. The purpose of this event is to have fun, promote participation in a team effort, and to provide an activity where "doing your best" is most important. Trophies are presented to the top three teams per rank and to the top three packs.
Registration should be submitted no later than 11/10/16. The cost is $6.50 for the first Scout and $5 for additional Scouts. A patch is guaranteed to the first 400 Scouts paid online. The pack trackside location is awarded in order of payment. Registration can be completed by parents, den leaders or pack leaders.
Why is pushmobile such a great event?
- Pushmobile races help the Scouts learn to work together as a team and having fun.
- We have lots of trophies to hand out to Scouts!
- We have lots of activities for the Scouts and siblings to do during the day as well. Some activities count towards advancements, special awards, and some are just for fun! All activities are included in the registration fee!
- Food will be sold at the event.
- Bring your entire family! Sorry, no pets though.
- This is a great recruiting event for your den or your pack! Have Scouts invite a friend to attend and be part of a fun Cub Scout event.
What to Bring
- Bike helmets (one per Scout)
- Pushmobile (one per den)
- Scouts are encouraged to wear their field (Scout) uniform or activity (any Scout t-shirt) uniform
- Closed toed shoes appropriate for running
- Appropriate clothing for any weather (e.g., rain gear, jacket)
- Insect repellent
- $5 per Scout
- Money for refreshments
- BSA Annual Health and Medical Record (Part A & B for any Scouting event) for every person attending
- New Scouts: Rocket that you received from your pack leader (with the Scout's name on it). Scouts may decorate their rockets with stickers or markers, but no additional weight should be added. View the rocket prep video.
- Returning Scouts can bring their own rocket and engine. See details below.
- Optional: Extra engine (rockets can be shot more than once if time allows)
- Optional: snacks, 5-gallon bucket for Scouts to sit on, camera, chairs for adults, money for food
Pushmobile Frequently Asked Questions
What if we do not have enough for a team?
If you have a pushmobile car, we will find racers. If you have racers and no pushmobile car, then we will find you a pushmobile car.
I don't think we can race because...
There is nothing we cannot help you cannot overcome. If there is a special need, then we will work with the team or Scout. This is NOT the event to miss for any reason!!! Contact us and let us tell you how we will make this event work for you and your Scout.
My pack or den is not participating, can my son still race?
Absolutely! We prefer everyone sign-up as a team first, but we understand that not everyone can make it to the race. So, sign-up as an individual after you have exhausted all other options of finding a team and let us find a team for you.
I have an idea for pushmobile that might make a great activity for the Scouts. Who do I contact?
E-mail Paul Stevens. We have an activities coordinator that will be handling all of these activities for our Scouts and siblings to enjoy while they are waiting for their race.
The BSA's Commitment to Safety is ongoing and we want you to know that the safety of our youth, volunteers, staff, and employees cannot be compromised. BSA Guide to Safe Scouting policies must be followed and all participants must follow youth protection guidelines at all Scouting events. Highlights include:
- Two-deep leadership on all outings required.
- No one-on-one contact between adults and youth members.
- The buddy system should be used at all times.
- Discipline must be constructive.
Youth Protection Guidelines Guide to Safe Scouting Enterprise Risk Management
For questions, contact the Pushmobile Chair.